Employee Spotlight: Jim Shields, Manufacturing Engineer
1. How long have you been at Standby Screw? I have been with Standby for 21 years.
2. What is your favorite thing about working here? The opportunity to continue to grow. After 21 years of working here at Standby, there are still areas of manufacturing that I find fascinating and with the attitude of encouragement from ownership on down, I am able to take advantage of many programs available to pursue my interests.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Scotland. I was there once before with my wife– we had a “schedule” to keep but once we got involved with the historical sites and people, we didn’t come close to seeing as much as we intended.
4. What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my family and friends. I do enjoy golfing but I don’t get out nearly enough.
5. If you had one important piece of “life” advice to give someone, what would it be? Educate yourself at a young age; just make it all relevant.