1. How long have you been at Standby Screw? I have been with Standby for 21 years.
2. What is your favorite thing about working here? The opportunity to continue to grow. After 21 years of working here at Standby, there are still areas of manufacturing that I find fascinating and with the attitude of encouragement from ownership on down, I am able to take advantage of many programs available to pursue my interests.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Scotland. I was there once before with my wife– we had a “schedule” to keep but once we got involved with the historical sites and people, we didn’t come close to seeing as much as we intended.
4. What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with my family and friends. I do enjoy golfing but I don’t get out nearly enough.
5. If you had one important piece of “life” advice to give someone, what would it be? Educate yourself at a young age; just make it all relevant.
At Standby Screw, we are proud to be manufacturing parts for the new Troy-Bilt modular outdoor power equipment system! Gizmodo refers to this new system as “a Transformer for your yard,” and to be a part of this equipment is truly a cool experience.
How does the equipment system transform? For starters, you can transform a lawn mower into a snow thrower, a pressure washer, or leaf blower in just 2 seconds. This machine represents innovation at its finest.
No room in the shed for a blower, mower, and power washer? Troy-Bilt’s flexible system has four pieces of outdoor power equipment that run off the same engine. That means only one engine to maintain for your snow blower, lawn mower, leaf blower, and pressure washer. Called the Troy-Bilt FLEX, the system will be available at Lowe’s in March.
What’s even better is that the machine is affordable, easy-to-use, versatile, and powerful. What more could you want from outdoor power equipment? For more details on this state-of-the-art machine, check out Gizmodo’s feature.